Whether you have a limited budget or simply want to get the best deal on a flight, traveling on cheap airlines can save you a bundle on airfares that you can apply to the rest of your vacation. Over the past few years, cheap airlines selling cheap tickets for cheap flights usa have proliferated — and that’s to your benefit.
More often than not, there’s negligible difference between a coach seat on a cheap airline and one on the Big Six (American, United, Delta, Northwest, Continental, and US Airways) airlines. In some cases, flying a cheap airline — at least one with leather seats, free personal satellite TV, and other perks — is superior to what huge airline corporations offer. When searching for dirt cheap airfares, check the Web sites of low-priced airlines. Some, like Southwest, only sell tickets on their own site. Others offer the best deals to their own customers. And if you buy directly from a cheap airline site, you’ll No paying an extra fee sites such as Cheapest Flights 24. you Can Compare all This Cheap Airline Flying To US For Free
Top 11 Cheap Airlines to US Cities
1. Platinum: Virgin America Airlines
Since it began operating in 2007, Virgin America has been a favorite of travelers, topping Travel + Leisure’s best domestic airlines list for the past nine years. The appeal lies in its tech-savvy touches, like Wi-Fi on every flight, soothing mood lighting, and seat-to-seat messaging. “The brand has a distinctive in-flight experience that people love and is a great value,” says Patrick Surry, chief data scientist at Hopper. FiveThirty-Eight found that Virgin America is also the fastest airline, cutting an average of seven minutes off expected flight times. Virgin America merged with Alaska Airlines at the end of last year, but Alaska has stated that “Virgin America will continue to fly under its brand with no immediate changes.” Roundtrip fares are down in 2017, according to Hopper, averaging $164.
2. Gold: JetBlue Airways
It’s easy to have a good flight on JetBlue thanks to roomy coach seats, free “Fly-Fi” high-speed Internet access, free DirecTV, and unlimited free blue potato chips and other snacks. “JetBlue always had good entertainment but has become more strongly focused on customer service,” says Richard Garlick, head of J.D. Power’s global travel and hospitality practice. The move has paid off, as the airline received the highest score on J.D. Power’s customer satisfaction survey. Ticket prices are down 14%, bringing the average roundtrip to $159, according to Hopper. That’s the second-largest drop of any domestic airline, owing to steeply discounted fares within the Northeast and to Florida.JetBlue flies to 35 cities, including Las Vegas, West Palm Beach, Nassau in the Bahamas, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
3 . Silver: Southwest Airlines
Not a fan of fees? Fly Southwest. This carrier won’t charge you if you need to change your flight and allows two free checked bags, including skis and golf clubs, making it the most generous in the business. In fact, Travel + Leisure readers gave the airline the highest score of any domestic airline when it comes to getting value for their money. J.D. Power awarded Southwest the highest customer satisfaction score of any carrier in terms of check-in experience, boarding, and in-flight crew. Seats are a first-come, first-served game, so be sure to check in early.
The Rest, in Order
4. Alaska Airlines: Average arrival delays for this brand are negative, meaning it’s early more often than it’s late—and with an average arrival that’s 2.67 minutes before the expected time, it tops all other domestic airlines.
5. Hawaiian Airlines: This airline is the most dependable, with the highest percentage of on-time flights, according to FlightStat. Hawaiian clocks in with a 91% on-time rating, well above the 80% average for domestic carriers.
6. Delta Air Lines: Thanks to Delta’s expansion of its no-frills “basic economy” fare to more markets, the carrier saw the biggest year-over-year decline in average roundtrip airfares, according to Hopper. Tickets dropped 17% to $238 this year, from $269 in 2016.
7. Frontier Airlines: This budget carrier offers the lowest average roundtrip airfare at only $111, Hopper found.
8. Allegiant Air: This carrier offers the best prices per distance flown, charging only 13 cents per kilometer on average, according to Rome2rio. That’s the lowest rate of all domestic carriers.
9. Spirit Air. Spirit Air flies to 29 destinations. What’s different about Spirit Air is that it has two in-cabin classes — and it’s very cheap to upgrade to Spirit Plus, which offers leather seats that are somewhat roomier than coach, with more leg room, free drinks, and an odd, salty snack (who voted on feeding passengers beef jerky and cheese sauce?). Still, even cheap skates and couples on a tight budget like to enjoy the luxury of traveling in first class once in a while. Spirit’s inexpensive upgrades ($30-50) are sold online and at the gate when available.
10. United Airlines: The average cost of a ticket on United fell 7% year-over-year, to $234 from $285. That’s the third-biggest drop among domestic carriers, Hopper found.
11. American Airlines: The average round-trip flight on American costs $227, according to Hopper.